Friday, July 27, 2012

postheadericon 3D Threader... or some really fun quilting

Hi All,

A few weeks ago I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a conference S.U.G.A.R. which allowed me to learn so very much about my new Gammill Statler quilting machine. While I was there, I saw a new product called the "3D Threader" which allows for up to 3 different threads to be used at the same time on the machine.


I have a quilt top that I have been working on for about 5 years now. It is made up of different fabrics from a line called "Lonestar State" and was supposed to be completed while I was still living in Georgia to give me a little piece of home. The joke was that I was going to have moved back to Texas before the quilt was done. My how things can change. Since I'm staying in Nebraska indefinitely now, I thought it would be good for me to finish it. I knew I wanted a red, white, and blue thread to be used on it, so I decided to try out my 3D threader using a red, a blue and a metallic silver thread. I was super happy with the results.

I chose a rather complex star pattern that I have been dying to try out. 


There's a lot going on in this quilt, so I'm glad I decided to try out my 3D threader, since it gives more depth and texture to the quilting. 




I've got a few more projects in the works that I'm really excited about! Be on the lookout for fun and exciting quilts in the near future. Until next time, Happy Sewing!

Photobucket

1 comments:

Penny Quilts said...

Fantastic Jill! It looks wonderful! I'll have to post a link to your site on my website! I'm so proud of you! Your work make the quilting look great on these busy fabrics! Yahoo! UFO done! Congrats! hugs, Penny Roberts (maker of the 3D Threader!)

About Me

My Photo
The Quilt Mistress
View my complete profile

Grab my button

INSTAGRAM

Instagram Gallery

I’m a member of the MQG!
Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.